Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Excerpts from a Chat

 


The following is a portion of a Gmail Chat between me (his mom) and Felix while he was away at college:



Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 6:38 PM

5:59 PM Felix: hi, how are things?
6:03 PM me: hi
6:04 PM i'm sad
  i just found out that the brother of my best friend in high school died
  i don't even think he was 30
6:05 PM Felix: oh,no. I'm sorry. That's bad news
 me: yeah- i think he had mesothelioma
  that's that cancer you get from asbestos
6:06 PM Felix: aw, man. That sounds not good
6:07 PM me: did you get your bump checked out?
6:08 PM Felix: no, i just got food and supplies for my model
  i will go tomorrow
 me: you got food for your model?
  are you keeping a pet model?
  LOL
 Felix: :) no, for me
 me: oh LOL
 Felix: lol
6:09 PM i have to start my model tonight, i dont think it needs to be complete though, so thats good
 me: what is your model for?
6:10 PM i'm still picturing kate moss in a cage
  or heidi klume
 Felix: it is a design for the play "fences"
  lol
 me: see my new baaaah
 Felix: :)
6:11 PM that would be the best
  my classmates would be so jealous
 me: yeah
6:12 PM did i tell you about the show martha stewart did? the pot show? i did, right?
 Felix: yeah, i want to see it
6:13 PM me: i thought i had something else really funny to tell you
6:14 PM maybe it was just that story about the squirrel kitty
  LOL
  how is myrrah?
 Felix: :)
  good
6:15 PM me: we need to work on that book
 Felix: she was sick for a while
 me: with what?
 Felix: and now her car is dead
 me: mrsa?
 Felix: with a cold
 me: oh
 Felix: no
 me: i was just really sick
 Felix: that was a flu?
6:16 PM me: yeah i think so, some virus
  frankie is writing some stories
  the lactose intolerant spy
6:17 PM Felix: cool, i want to read them
 me: and the psychic secret agent
  and the spy handbook
  he is going to join our writing wiki to work on them
6:18 PM Felix: these sound like tv shows, he should look into that
 me: good idea

The "squirrel kitty"




me: i was thinking it would be cool to write a play, or even a musical about La Leche League
  
6:20 PM Felix: yeah!
 
 Felix: that would be fun, i think it could be like the musical "the fantasticks"
 me: frankie and i made up a funny musical the other day
 Felix: email again
6:21 PM me: it was a birthday party and each person kept breaking off from the action to sing about what they were really thinking
  
6:22 PM 
 Felix: thats a fun idea, That could be really funny
 me: yeah
  we should write that on the wiki too
6:23 PM i'm reading a great book on A.D.D.
  speaking of projects that i'll probably never finish
  the author runs a center in sudbury
6:24 PM Felix: hey, thats close by
 me: yeah
  i wish i could go and take frankie too
6:26 PM Felix: is sudbury like on the other side of bedford?
 me: it borders concord
6:27 PM Felix: oh yeah, sudbury road, got it :)
6:28 PM maybe someone in concord goes
6:31 PM me: yeah
  i just finished giving luke his medicine
 Felix: i've been reading the town reports
  oh, so he must be feeling better.
6:33 PM how are his ears looking?
 me: better
  which town reports?
  concord?
6:34 PM Felix: concord
 me: oh cool
  the kids are doing the science fair
 Felix: fun
 me: i keep trying to get someone to do a project on breastmilk
  but so far no takers
6:35 PM Felix: :)
6:36 PM what are they thinking of making?
6:37 PM me: bekah is doing a project on electricity with brownies
6:38 PM frankie is building a laser
  and lillian isn't sure yet
 Felix: awesome
  i thought for a minute bekah was doing electric brownies
  but then i realized she is a brownie
 
6:39 PM 
 me: yum electric brownies
  elektra is doing a cookie project for the science fair
6:40 PM by changing ingredients
 Felix: yum
 
 
 
 


6:42 PM 
 
 Felix: okay, i have to work on my model now
 me: on that note
  i hAVE TO GO TOO
 Felix: lol
 me: TTYL
 Felix: bye
6:43 PM me: bye


3 comments: